Free Halloween Quotes And Poems
Halloween season is in full swing and there are thousands of Halloween poems and quotations that bring out the spirit of this annual festival. There are many traditional activities that are associated with Halloween, such as costume parties, trick or treat, horror films, visiting haunted houses, horror theme parties, traditional autumn activities and the list goes on. Halloween imageries like death, magic, mythical monsters and common Halloween characters like skeletons, ghosts, ghouls, witches, vampires, bats, owls, crows, vultures, haunted houses, pumpkin men, black cats, aliens, spiders, goblins, zombies, mummies, skeletons, werewolves and demons find their expressions in several Halloween poems and quotations.
Halloween is the time to watch some classic horror films like Dracula, The Frankenstein, The Mummy, and Psycho. Especially in America, fictional characters like Frankenstein's monster ,Count Dracula, The Wolf Man, are quite popular among audience of all ages. The famous quotations and dialogues from these movies are memorable as ever. Among the modern horror antagonists, Freddy Krueger, Michael Myers, Leatherface, Chucky, Jason Voorhees, and the Jigsaw Killer continue to scare people with their eerie dialogues. Some of these dialogues have went on to become famous scary Halloween quotations.
Here are some scary and memorable quotes from famous horror movies that are perfect as Halloween quotes:
· "She just goes a little mad sometimes. We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?". Norman Bates - Psycho
· "Close your eyes and count to seven, when you wake you'll be in heaven." -Chucky(Child's Play 2)
· The only person that I let in on the fact that I was still alive was a six-year-old kid. I'm gonna be six years old again. Well, John, it's been fun, but I gotta go. I have a date with six-year-old boy... and you have a date with death. -Chucky(Child's Play)
· I met him, fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding; even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six-year-old child, with this blind, pale, emotionless face and, the blackest eyes... the DEVIL'S eyes! I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up for I realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... EVIL! -Dr. Sam Loomis(Halloween)
· I'm gonna split you in two. -Fred Krueger(A Nightmare On Elm Street)
· Mommy, where are you? I can't find you. I can't. I'm afraid of the Light, mommy. I'm afraid of the Light. -Carol Anne(Poltergeist)
· A boy's best friend is his mother.-Norman Bates(Psycho)
· [about the wolves that are howling] Listen to them: the children of the night. What sweet music they make.-Vlad Dracula(Dracula)
Apart from the movie quotes, there are common Halloween quotes which are very popular. There are funny Halloween quotes, scary Halloween quotes, Halloween sayings which are a rage among people during Halloween.
Here are some funny and scary Halloween quotes that you'll like:
· Witch and ghost make merry on this last of dear October’s days. ~Author Unknown
· Nothing on Earth so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night. ~Steve Almond
· 'Tis now the very witching time of night, When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out, Contagion to this world. ~William Shakespeare
· From ghoulies and ghosties, And long-leggedy beasties, And things that go bump in the night, Good Lord, deliver us! ~Scottish Saying
· This Halloween the most popular mask is the Arnold Schwarzenegger mask. And the best part? With a mouth full of candy you will sound just like him. ~Conan O'Brien
· One need not be a chamber to be haunted; One need not be a house; The brain has corridors surpassing, Material place. ~Emily Dickinson
· Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, Voices whisper in the trees, "Tonight is Halloween!" ~Dexter Kozen
· A house is never still in darkness to those who listen intently; there is a whispering in distant chambers, an unearthly hand presses the snib of the window, the latch rises. Ghosts were created when the first man awoke in the night. ~J.M. Barrie
· May Jack-o-lanterns burning bright, Of soft and golden hue, Pierce through the future’s veil and show, What fate now holds for you. ~Author Unknown
· When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam, May luck be yours on Halloween. ~Author Unknown
the other hand, have different categories. There are Halloween
poems for kids, Halloween poems for children, short Halloween
poems, scary Halloween poems, funny Halloween poems, vintage
Halloween poems, fall poems and some other categories that are
instant hits during Halloween. You have create your own personalized
collection of Halloween poems and attract everybody's attention
by reciting them in any Halloween party.